Call this a comeback post? Yes, yes I do

Hello! I'VE FINALLY FINISHED UNI! I was so busy with uni work the last two months that I haven't had time to do my nails, but now I'm back! To celebrate ending my first year of uni went to the summer ball, and done some nails to match my trousers I wore.


These are said jazzy trousers from Topshop which I was inspired by.


And here are my nails! I used Barry M Matte White as the base and painted on the details with Sinful Colours Black on Black, L'Oreal You Are Worth it (grey), Sally Hansen Complete Manicure Ion (light grey/off white) and American Apparel Sunset Blvd (orange) using a small detail brush. I also have a stamping plate which I thought was very similar to one of the patterns of the trousers and so also decided to test out the rectangular stamper set (item number: 15851) from the Born Pretty Store.


I used the MoYou Artist Plate 11 for the pattern. I didn't use the scraper as I prefer to use  credit card-things which are a bit more flexible. As you can see it stamped quite well onto my thumb; I used Sinful Colours Black on Black as mine has gone a bit thick so I thought it would be better for stamping, however it's still not really dark so that's the polish not the stamper. The stamper is not very squidgy and so you have to do a rolling motion with it. I also tried stamping on my other hand; I don't have a picture as it came out a bit meh but I think that that was because I was using my non-dominant hand so was not used to stamping with it. However one thing I did find was that the image sometimes smeared a little once on the nail. Overall, I think the stamper is good, but I don't know if it's the best for my nail type as my nails are quite small and curved, making it harder to cleanly stamp with it.

So what do you think of these nails? It felt good to have my nails painted again; I also had a great night at the ball! Also don't forget that you can get 10% off of the Born Pretty Store with the code QRL91!

http://www.bornprettystore.com/

Comments