Messy brushstrokey-ish gradient sorta thing

Hola! I am finally posting again, although no one really takes much notice. Anyway, I went to Amsterdam the other week and visited the Van Gogh museum, and was thoroughly inspired. I decided to try and create brushstrokes and texture like Van Gogh, however my nails didn't quite turn out like that, but I still had something that I didn't mind so I stuck with it. I apologise in advance for the slight tip wear in the photo, I took it a day or two after so that my cuticles were no longer stained blue!


This is the finished design. I started off with a base of white and used a flat nail art brush and literally just brushed on each layer of colour. Starting from the top of the nail down to the tip the colours are: Maybelline Superpower Blue, a mix of the previous colour and white, Essie Blossom Dandy, Barry M Matte White, Barry M Gelly Fondant, WAH Mating Surfaces and Essie Flowerista. I finished off with a coat of HK Girl topcoat.

I quite like this design, it might not have lived up to my imagination but it's simple, easy and (I think anyway) quite cool. I've recieved a few good comments on these whilst at work, strangers and colleagues alike. What do you think?


Comments