Tartan nails in an attempt to be festive(ish)

Hey! I'm still busy with uni, but I'm ending for Christmas this week so I should hopefully be able to post more, although I do have a lot of revision to do... but anyway, I had the urge to do some tartan nails with a studded accent nail. The following images are exactly that.


I used Rimmel Venus from the Kate Moss collection for the base (which looks a little darker red in real life), and drew on the lines with my black Barry M nail pen and painted on the gold lines with OPI Goldeneye. With the accent nail I painted my nail black, and whilst it was still tacky I stuck the black studs to my nail. I finished by topping with HK Girl topcoat, except for the accent nail (I thought it would probably look better without!).


And here's another not very good image! Excuse my paleness and horrible cuticles, my job doesn't do them any favours (the cuticles that is!).

I quite like these nails; I don't know if I'd really say they're festive or not, but hey ho. I also knew the accent nail wouldn't last; after one day at work which included cleaning out the animals only 8 of the original studs were left. I'm also annoyed as I can't replace them as I used them all up on that nail! But what do you think? My sister said the accent looked a bit Lady Gaga.

Comments

Popular Posts