Delft pottery nails

Hey! I've been so busy with uni, and my nails keep on breaking which is SO annoying. My middle nail in particular keeps on breaking, and my little finger one broke too. Hence I have been not very active (although I'm not really active lately anyway). I'm actually going to Rotterdam tonight for a couple of days with uni, and so have decided to do some nails for the occasion.


For the design I used this nail brush from the Born Pretty Store (item number: 18519) which I was sent to review. The brush has a crystal handle and a lid which is handy for keeping the brush pristine.


The brush is quite slim which is really good for painting with! I usually have to cut the bristles of brushes to make them thinner but this one was perfect!


I created these nails inspired by Delft pottery (i'm going there for a day). I painted my nails with Barry M Matt White and painted the pattern with Essie Mesmerize (MY FAVOURITE NAIL VARNISH!). For the lighter bits of blue on the petals I just mixed it with acetone to give a more faded blue. Please bear in mind that I painted this with my left hand as my nails on my left hand have gone a bit meh for now due to breakages.

Overall I'm really impressed with the brush, it gave me good lines even with my non-dominant hand! I also really like this design, it does remind me of the pottery. What do you think? Also, don't forget to use the code QRL91 at the checkout on the Born Pretty Store to get 10% off your order!


Comments

Popular Posts