Some not too Halloween-y Halloween nails

Hey, this is my first post in ages! I've been so busy with uni and work that I haven't had time to do my nails, except for the swatch I did two weeks ago which I haven't had time to post (shock horror!). But yeah, I thought that I should probably post my Halloween-ish nails before Halloween is actually over, the ones which I only did today as this is the first time I've had the chance to do so!


After multiple attempts at a design, I came up with this watercolour skeleton design (well, I think they're watercolour anyway...). I started off with a base of Sally Hansen Complete Manicure in Ion and painted on the details with black nail varnish. I then used pure acetone to remove some of the black and make it look watercolour-y (I know, my vocabulary is incredible today). I'm not too keen on the rib cage, but hey ho. I finished by topping it with Rimmel matte topcoat.



I think this guy on my thumb is my favourite, I like the messiness.



Using the same colour scheme as my other hand (but with little effort in comparison) I created these blobby abstract nails still using the acetone to smear the black. I also topped these with matte topcoat.

So what do you think of these? My left hand really makes me want to listen to Bones by Young Guns, whilst my right hand just looks like I lost control over my hand, I still kinda like them. Can you tell that I tried to create a design quickly on my right hand as I thought I was going out tonight? Alas, my Halloween plans were cancelled so instead I am going to spend tonight attempting to write some essays (yay I hear you cry!). Anyway, Happy Halloween!

Comments

Popular Posts