Bastille Brit award nails


I've decided to make a post on my Bastille-inspired nails which I did about a month ago for the Brit awards. THEY WON THE BEST BREAKTHROUGH ACT AWARD!!! Anyway... on with the nails!


I used the appropriately named OPI Bastille My Heart as the base (no, I did not just buy it for the name, obviously... however it's also a nice colour!).
 
 
If I remember correctly I think this is two coats without topcoat. I really liked the deep red colour with a bit of a pink shimmer, but I couldn't leave it at that to support one of my favourite bands.
 
 
I decided to paint various triangle-based designs on my nails using my Barry M white nail pen, and then topped them with some Seche Vite. If you are wondering what triangles are to do with Bastille it's because the A in their logo is a triangle, just so you know! You may or may not have noticed how the tips of my nails look a little matte, I don't why but sometimes Seche Vite does this to me, however it's not too noticeable. Does anyone have any ideas why?
 
I'd like to think that the support I showed Bastille through these nails helped them win the award... yeah I know, not really. However the award they won was voted for by the public so it's good to see how much support they have. Back to the nails, I really liked this design especially the ring and little finger designs which I am tempted to recreate, do you think I should? I really don't know how to end these things, so... bye?

Comments

  1. Bastille is awesome! I personally like your pinky nail the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh, I love them!!! Cool, I'll bear that in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shade of red and I love the nail art you did over it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts