Shiver nails (brrr...)

Hola! I come bearing sad news, well sad for me anyway, my nails broke! Well, just my index finger and so I've cut them all down. This then meant I was stuck for ideas for designs, which I had many for when they were long, as I've now got a much smaller space to paint. And so, keeping in theme with the 31 day challenge which is going on this month I based them on a book (this was about two days ago so fitted then), Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater to be precise.


I've always loved the negative look of the cover (as well as the book itself), with the white almost skeletal-looking branches against the black, and so I recreated it on my nails (or I at least tried my best).
 
 
You can't really tell they're branches, but hey ho. I painted my nails with Sinful Colors Black on Black and then painted the branches and one leaf with white acrylic using a small brush.
 
 
And here's my thumb. I topped these with Seche Vite as I felt it would smooth the texture of the acrylic slightly more than HK Girl.
 
 
And here's one last shot in front the cover. Original, I know.
 
So, what do you think of these? I know they're probably not everyone's cup of tea, but hey, I don't mind them even if they do look a little abstract compared to the cover. 


Comments