Picture Polish Altered State swatch and galaxy nails

Hey, I've decided to post another nail design that I did about a month ago. I had just received my order from Rainbow Connection, and could not wait to use one nail varnish in particular, Altered State by Picture Polish. I'd never tried Picture Polish before but as soon as I saw their limited edition space-inspired shades I knew that I had to try one! In my pictures you can see one coat over black (they say to paint it over black to really show the amazing colours!)


JUST.


 ONE.


COAT.


Sorry for spamming you with pictures, BUT IT'S LIKE A GALAXY IN A BOTTLE! It's a blurple to pink/red duochrome with a scattered holo, and it is to die for! I have to admit, most of the time it looks like the first picture, but that looks like a cool starry night sky! And usually when it shifts it looks like the bottom picture, however there are still times when you catch the other colours, and it's gorgeous! It did cost more than any other nail varnish I have ever bought (£13.50), however it's like nothing else I own so I'm happy! AAGGGHH, I LOVE IT SO MUCH!


As it reminded me of a galaxy I decided to use it as the base for some galaxy nails, which did mean that you then couldn't really see the duochrome but I thought it was very fitting and still looked pretty! I think I sponged on Sinful Colors in Kissy and Nail Junkie, as well as Maybelline Colour Show in Cool Blue, onto my nails to create the galaxy effect. I then used my white nail pen by Barry M to create the stars and topped it with Seche Vite.

I am very pleased with this nail varnish and I cannot wait to try more by them, especially Mallard! This nail varnish is limited edition, but I know that Picture Polish are restocking all of their limited edition polishes (including the ultra limited edition Aurora and Borealis) on 31st March, so watch out! Also if you're in the UK Rainbow Connection stock Picture Polish, and I know that they're at least stocking Borealis soon!

Comments

Popular Posts