Maneki neko nails

I'm back! This time with some maneki neko (lucky cat) nails! I was inspired by +Sarah Waite from Chalkboard Nails and Steph from LaManisera on Instagram with their designs and had to have a go myself! Their designs are so CUTE!


I did red and gold splatter nails (hence the slight messiness) with an accent nail of a lucky cat! I created the splatter by the usual method of dipping a straw in nail varnish and then blowing it so that it splats on the nails; I love this technique so much except for the mess it creates! I used OPI Goldeneye for the gold and Rimmel Lasting Finish Double Decker Red for the red; the gold didn't quite work as well for the splatter and would sometimes just splat in big blobs on the nail as you can sorta see on my index finger. I don't know it that's because it was a mini bottle so not as much nail varnish was on the straw or because I'd cut the straw after the red so I could use it again so it was shorter. I don't really have a clue and could go on listing possibilities so I'll just stop!

Anyway, I quite like these nails (despite my sister thinking it was blood splatter) and am happy to wear them for week unlike some other designs! What do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts